Afraid Updater Service is a free client software develop for the free DynamicDNS service offered by Afraid.org on Windows (XP/2003/VISTA/2008/7) and is created with the Microsoft .NET Framework 4 technology
- Work on Windows XP, Windows 2003, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 2008.
- Email Alert via SMTP for critical events.
- Advanced Event Logs.
- Configurable Task Delay and Application priority.
- Easy XML Configuration.
- Really small application and use almost no memory.
- Work in Service Mode
- It is free!
1. Install the software with administrators rights.
2. Configure the software with the Configuration Tool included with administrators rights.
3. Restart the computer and verify that everything run smooth.
(This last step is required on Windows 7 and 2008 to allow the creation of the Custom Event Log Folder properly, it is IMPORTANT, otherwise the application is linked with the Application event log, and manipulation of Logs through the Configuration Tool could have unexpected behaviour. As long as the application log go into it own custom created event log folder, then everything is fine.)
While you download this FREE SOFTWARE, please support us by visiting our sponsors above :)
4.0.5 – Bugfix (the new SSL option was not loading it value on the configurator tool, even tho it was saving properly)
Added 4 button that can be used as template for the major free email providers ( GMail, Hotmail, Yahoo, AOL )
Spaced the control a bit since someone sent a screenshot of what it look like on a 125% or 150% dpi and it was too tight.
4.0.4 – Added a SMTP SSL option to use SSL with already valid certificate.
4.0.3 – Added a default configuration for some options if the config file do not exist yet.
4.0.2 – First public release, added a better event log management.
4.0 – First beta available
For those who absolutly can’t run or install the .NET Framework 4, you can still use the old version here, but take note it is unsupported, and source code is not available.